Friday, March 20, 2015

On babies and all that jazz!

So I have been having baby blues. My womb is hungry for a baby. I know it sounds crazy because I have a 10 month old who is a handful and half and here I am dreaming of having another baby. A friend of mine had a baby a couple of days ago and just hearing her moan about the accompanying pains and discomfort of child birth made me want a child even more! I decided to step back and ask myself why I want another child. Here goes.


  • I feel like another child will bring an opportunity to do this mommy business better. I have learned patience and perseverance. I have learned that no matter how tough the first few days are, it gets better and easier every month
  • I feel like another child will give me a reason to stay home for at least 9 months to be with my son and of course the new baby
  • I loved my pregnancy body and the sexual desires that arose within me during that time. It was simply incredible!
  • I miss the attention and affection that came with my last pregnancy. My husband waited on me hand and foot and indulged every single one of my excesses
  • I miss the mystery that surrounds a budding pregnancy. You wonder about sex, about names, about the child's appearance, temperament. You dream every minute of every day and you wait as every day feels like a 100 years
It's all selfish, I know. But who cares? I am allowed to be selfish. I pray that this baby hunger ends with my 2nd child. So watch this space. Another lil Gaul coming soon.

P.S. I am NOT pregnant!


No comments:

Post a Comment