Friday, April 17, 2015

John Legend leaves me all hot and bothered!

I don't know who else loves John Legend, but me and my girl, Chizzy, we drool over him all the time! I don't know what it is, but when I listen to his music, I want to cry. Lol. His music seems so honest. Like he is speaking directly to me. Like he is looking at me and saying, "Yes, you. It's all about you. All for you. All of it..". I smile back at him, there are no words. With John Legend, I don't need to say anything. Just listen and love.

My darling husband is in on this love affair I have with John Legend. Pardon me, his name doesn't sound half as hot when it's just first name or last name. No John, no Legend, it's got to be John Legend. One of my best "I'm going to cry" moments with my partner was the first time he was leaving town to teach for a week in the summer. The day before he left, I had a wedding to plan, and a party to attend afterwards. The day/evening got really busy and I didn't get home till 2am. When I walked into my bedroom, my heart melted. My bed was made - properly (if you know my husband, you'd understand why this means a lot to me), and John Legend's album was playing on the computer and a YouTube 'fireplace' page was open. Oh and yes, my dear husband was asleep! He fell asleep waiting for his wife dearest.

We lived in a really small apartment then, so no real fireplace, no sound system and no space for too much jazz, but I saw the effort and my eyes moistened. He actually thought of inviting John Legend to the party! Let's just say his efforts were rewarded nicely and it was a sweet goodbye.

I'm going to share snippets of one of John Legend's songs so you understand what a bad ass he is.

...Except when I make it storm, sex in the greatest form
And hibernate under my body
Yep I keep it warmer than a chinchilla
She know I beat it up like the thriller in Manila
Flying my private jet to villas in Anguilla
Than throw you on a grill
Cause seven days a week you’re my 5 course meal
For real!



...  hit you with the best stroke,
Freestyle and the breaststroke
Til you blow a cigarette smoke
And now the bed's broke
So what we gon' do now
Fuck it, round two now
Work it out, then we cool down


...You fix your make up, just so
Guess you don't know, that you're beautiful
Try on every dress that you own
You were fine in my eyes a half hour ago


Off to my John Legend listening party!

No comments:

Post a Comment