Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Are you blind?

This past weekend we had a naija party and of course there was a lot to eat, drink and plenty of gist! I love those gatherings because everyone is so passionate! Passionate about the food, the drinks and the gist. One topic that really caught my interest was the story of a "Lagos big girl" who has a sugar daddy and a "small boyfriend" who she is engaged to. She takes good care of her boyfriend and so everyone is happy. I was forced to wonder what kind of man is okay with the knowledge that his girlfriend is another man's mistress? The shocking part for me is that these younger men actually accept the expensive gifts that are handed to them courtesy the sugar daddy's money. Hmmm...

As a young man, you know your girlfriend earns N200,000 ($1,300 approx) every month and she drives a brand new Range Rover, lives in a serviced apartment in Ikoyi and goes on vacations at least twice every year. Her parents live in Mushin and have a run down Toyota Corolla. Where do you think the money is coming from? Bonus from work? Oh please!

When I think of it this way, I can't help but agree that men really know when their girlfriends are mistresses. It seems the Nigerian society has scorned adultery, fought it, realized it's a lost battle and then accepted it! How sad!

4 comments:

  1. As I read that post all I could think of was, "I wonder if the sugar daddy will adopt me?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Are you a guy? If yes, maybe that's what the guys who turn a blind eye are thinking as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sad, this is now a norm in 9ja. They r not blind but have accepted willingly to be blind

    ReplyDelete